Flow - Just Livin'

Flow - Just Livin'
Florida Sunrise

Thursday 3 December 2009

Still Creating

It has been such a long time since I posted anything. I'm still a bit overwhelmed, but starting to see some things reach the Finish Line. Today I am happy to post pictures of the dress I have been making for Lela's first birthday. It has lambs and flowers smocked on the front and back, and is made to be worn as a pinafore now and a sundress next summer. Hopefully I'll get some good photos of Lela wearing it...and fitting it! It looks so big, I can't believe she's nearing her first birthday! I am looking forward to being in northwest Arkansas for her party in two weeks.

Almost everything is unpacked and in place in the house, so now I get to start putting things on the walls. Soon I will upload a video tour.

I have been doing a little writing on the book I started many years ago. I hope that some day it will be a source of encouragement for others. So far I have revised the outline and written a short chapter. An interesting obstacle I have to get past: about 150 pages are saved in text format on a floppy in Windows 3.0 (I think)! I don't even have a floppy drive any more, so I may need to have a Geek extract the information for me. Fortunately, I also printed it, so I have a hard copy in case the disk can't be accessed.

Another writing project... the story of Onyx and his skunk escapade...is being illustrated by Jesse. There is so much work involved, but he's making it look so cute.

School has been somewhat ignored lately, though I have done a small amount on two classes. If I were taking traditional classes, I would have dropped out long ago. DePaul has been a great online opportunity for me, and I still plan to finish my BA, though it's been on hold while I moved ( twice this year). My newest school project will be creating a website for our home business, in addition to finishing 3 essays for a creative writing proficiency exam and 2 science exams. It's good that the work I do can be applied to more than one subject. Hm, sounds like life to me!

We've had some beautiful sunrises and sunsets recently, and I also got photos of some storks on the canal behind our house. It was fun, because I had to creep up on them.

PROBLEM: None of the photos or videos I've taken will upload. They appear to be in the proper formats and sizes, but I've been trying to upload a video of Lela all morning - which I first tried to upload in OCTOBER and it will not go.




No comments:

Post a Comment