Flow - Just Livin'

Flow - Just Livin'
Florida Sunrise

Sunday 27 June 2010

Shameless Plug

I always say I have been busy, but really I have. Today I am only going to be busy at the relaxing at the beach -- I hope. It may rain, but in that case, the backup plan is to go to the gym and relax in the sauna and hot tub.

I was asked to increase my hours at work for about a month, for "training" purposes, and because they are re-writing their procedures manual, and thought I would be the perfect guinea pig/test project, since I don't know all the procedures. So I am working about 30 hours\, and then they said, well, it might last more than a month -- maybe 6 months. Not sure I like that, because it takes too much time from my school work, which has suffered. I seem to postpone my studying and writing too often. At this time I am working on re-building our home business website, a sort of on-the-job training/class. When I can present the finished project, along with a paper or presentation on how it was done...tada! I get credit for the class.

It sounds a lot easier than it is. Unless you have taken classes, online, you may not understand how much time and effort it takes to "educate your own damn self" to quote Chris Rock. He has an entire stand-up routine on the subject, because he says that's what his father told him when he wanted to go to college. He says he wouldn't like to go to a doctor whose diploma says he educated his own damn self!

When you take online classes, especially getting ILP (Independent Learning Pursuit) credit through DePaul University, you are responsible for everything on your own. Deciding what books and articles to read, when to read, when to write and when, what, and why to write and submit your essays/theses. To me it is infinitely more difficult than sitting in a classroom, listening to lectures and reading what the instructor assigns, taking tests, and finishing at a specific time. More time consuming, much more research, and a lot more agony!

Oh, and while I have it, I would like to focus your attention to a website. My daughter-in-law, Amber is an industrious young lady who makes candles and various arts and crafts, along with her signature creation, infused honey. I have had some of this honey, and it is wonderful in tea, coffee, and just about anything else you want to sweeten. Check out her website and pamper yourself a little!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/anchasta

Now, I'm off to the beach!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your help...

    I hope your schedule mellows out - we wish for work and then we sure do get it, don't we?! :)

    *HUGS* and *LOVE*
    Amber

    ReplyDelete