Flow - Just Livin'

Flow - Just Livin'
Florida Sunrise

Tuesday 8 September 2009

Is It Really September?

There are never enough hours in the day, or even days in a year. I expect that when I reach the end of my life, I will say there haven't been enough years.

That's why it's so important for me to live as Myself. It is not the job of another person to tell me what I should do or think. If I agree with you, that's OK, but it's not necessary. We should be able to appreciate one another's differences as well as our similarities.

I once heard someone say (wish I could remember who), "If two people are exactly alike, one of them is unnecessary."

That's a good point to consider, because I spent so much of my life trying to conform to the pattern others had chosen for me. That is not to say that I have eradicated that tendency, but - at last - I can do what I believe is best for myself, whether or not others approve. Sometimes I have to stop myself mid-action or mid-thought, and even verbally remind myself that, as an adult, I can make my own decisions based on who I am and what I need because I know myself better than anyone else knows me. If I am judged and "found wanting," it is that person's problem, because he or she can be judged by the same criteria, and with the same verdict.

Carrying that thought a little further: people who condemn others are generally guilty of the very same "sin," though it may be hidden. It is interesting that they think they can "fix" someone else when they can't control themselves.

Time to close the "forum" for today. I hope to post photos of the house progress soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment