Flow - Just Livin'

Flow - Just Livin'
Florida Sunrise

Wednesday 2 September 2009

So Much To Do

Since I moved to Florida, I have been in a metaphorical whirlwind. I've been here almost 8 months, and yet I still sometimes have that Is This A Dream? feeling. I suppose that should be expected when I have essentially turned my world upside-down!

As a person who prefers organization and order, it can be quite disconcerting at times. I can't seem to prioritize and follow through with the things I need to do. Everything seems to be of equal importance, so I try to do too many things at once. That's like grasping for straws in a tornado. Stephen Covey would be so disappointed in me!

Jesse has been particularly supportive in this adjustment period, while adjusting to some life-changes of his own. When I became frustrated because I was constantly getting lost when driving, and couldn't determine the compass points unless it was sunrise or sunset, he gave me his GPS. It has helped, though I still get confused sometimes. When I get discouraged in the job search, he encourages me to view it as an opportunity to do more writing and school work. Recently I've been homesick to see family and friends, so he checked out airfare to Fayetteville. I hope to make the trip once the house purchase is final.

And....we're still waiting on that. We are in the process of buying one of the Fannie Mae foreclosures, and experiencing Your Tax Dollars At Work. We closed on August 31 (the original closing date had been August 19). Tuesday morning arrives and -uh-oh- they had one other paper they wanted a signature on. Jesse went by and signed that, they shipped it out and we thought all we were waiting for was the doorkey.

We're still waiting. The new paper had a different date from the rest of the closing documents, and they couldn't accept that. They now have to review ALL the closing documents, which they had initiated themselves! As of Tuesday evening, the earliest we can expect to close, for the second time, is Friday, September 4. We had hoped to begin painting this week and have the Labor Day weekend to get a lot of things done.

So there you have one of the undoubtedly INNUMERABLE reasons for the decline and fall of the government loan empire.

I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there it will all work out. There's a light at the end of the tunnel. No it's not an oncoming train. Happy to hear you are coming to Arkansas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, sometimes I think I hear the signal at the crossing! I'm looking forward to visiting. We HAVE to get together! I hope you can come here to visit sometime too.

    ReplyDelete